Thursday, October 18, 2007

DONG DONG! (just like on Law & Order)

You would not believe how hard Fred Thompson is to draw. I wound up stretching his head out a little in PhotoShop. But man, you gotta admit that his wife is a hottie!
Some politicians are harder to draw than others. Top left; Tried upside down, Top right; Starting with the ear and working from the outside of the head to the inside, Bottom left; Tried doing the old draw an oval with an eye axis and a prime-meridian first... And finally Bottom right; started with an eye and worked from the inside-to the out.

I think I still need to work on a caricature though, and exaggerate either his sleepy eyes or forehead instead of his ears or nose. Truly, he'd make a really good hound dog, maybe a basset hound.

So when I got my drawing into PhotoShop, I did go ahead and "warp" his head a little bit. Over all, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment