Monday, August 25, 2008

One more down

Sending a packet to King Features today. Maybe a couple more to go for columns and one more for cartoons, unless searching the web uncovers any more syndicates that I've missed. I'll try to get my last three packets out by this Wednesday. No word back yet from any of them.

The other strategy I may take is the "self-syndicating" route. I'll prepare similar packets, only I'll change the cover letter and make up a price list or flier or something offering newspapers my features directly. If I do this, I think I'll start with the other papers published by Enterprise first. Brad, my publisher in Mapleton already let me know that it wasn't really cost effective for him to run my stuff in the Missouri Valley paper, but maybe if I sold the other editors and publishers in the company on it first, I could come back to him.

If I don't have much luck within the company, then I can always start working on neighboring papers in the region outside of Enterprise. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, maybe I made President Bush look too much like the actual Siamese twin.

    ReplyDelete