Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Colonel


Inspired by a report on where Senator Fred's major support would be coming from. I keep trying to improve my printing, especially because veteran cartoonists, experts and editors (like Daryl Cagle) frown on using actual computer fonts that look like cartoonist printing. But I'm still very self conscious of my penmanship. Maybe I need a bolder pen or even a felt tip marker. I guess it's just like how people hate to hear their voice on recordings. Ick.

NOTE: This cartoon didn't run in the PRESS. I don't know what the issue was, room, time, lost the file, or editorial prerogative- but in hind sight I think it may be a little over the edge. Not because it accuses Southerners of being sexist or racist, or because it uses the word "colored," but because cartoons usually accuse politicians of things, this one accuses you the reader. So if you feel accused of liking Fred Thompson because he's a male, white, protestant, conservative- sorry, but do examine your own heart and remember, "walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."

No comments:

Post a Comment