Thursday, September 6, 2007

Stupidity


I was listening to the radio around Aug 27 and I swear I heard a sound byte of Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley saying something to the effect that "you don't just fire someone for being stupid."
The next day I tried to google the quote but all that any newspapers are running is "he did a lot of stupid things," but left out the good stuff.

This was one last chance to take a stab at the now former Attorney General who's been a favorite target of mine. It was the first time I tries to draw Grassley, who has a wonderful, wrinkled, complicated, Iowa farmer kind of face. He reminds me either of Dr. Seuss's Grinch or one of the weird aliens in Jim Hansen and Frank Oz's fantasy sci-fi movie, "the Dark Crystal."
I was proud of this cartoon, but of course, they run a week later so they're old news. Gonzo resigned on a Friday, this was in the news Monday, I drew it Tuesday but that same Tuesday the gay Senator from Idaho soliciting a cop in an airport bathroom eclipsed it in the news. But I guess that won't be news by the time it reaches readers mailboxes two Thursdays later.

No comments:

Post a Comment