Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chasing down a dream...

I've been dreaming of becoming a cartoonist since I was in about 5th grade. Right now, I practically do it just as a hobby- for our small town newspaper and this blog. Don't get me wrong- I love being a high school Art teacher, but- call it a midlife crisis if you want to, lately I've been thinking that it's about time that I make at least some small attempts at following my dream (without giving up my day job).

Here are pages from a PDF I created that I was thinking of sending to newspapers or features syndicates.I wondered about Omaha and Sioux City, maybe Sioux Falls Des Moines and Lincoln already have incredible cartoonist. I thought about Denison and Woodbine... My publisher already turned me down when I asked about Missouri Valley and the Dunlap publisher already told me that they can't afford it. I guess I can just send it to syndicates- nothing to lose, right?

Any blog readers, friends or fans have any suggestions? Things I should do differently? People I should consider sending it to? Say a prayer for me or wish me luck or whatever you want to do-

They say that "if your ship hasn't come in, you need to swim out to it." Fortunately, I like teaching, so I can keep doing that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment